The CIO Leadership Team is committed to the professional development of our staff.
The Leadership Team supports professional development through: special projects, instructor-led classes, online learning, peer learning, IT subscriptions, conference participation, Lunch-n-Learns, Tuition Assistance, and more.
Resources available for download
- High-Performance Professional Development Framework (pdf) (for Managers vs. Front-line Staff)
- Individual Development Plan (IDP) Formula (jpg)
- Leadership & the Art of Possibility - CIO Mgr Mtg (pdf)
- Mentee Interest Questionnaire via UFirst (pdf)
- On-Boarding: 90 Day Smart Start Reflections Questions (docx)
ITS Professional Development Activities
ITS offered four classes in 2018 to all ITS staff targeting essential skills from our Skills Roadmap:
- UVA Networks
- IT Security
- UVA Identity & Access Management
- IT Customer Service
In 2019 the ITS Basic Skills series covered:
- Troubleshooting Methodologies
- Technical Writing
- End-End Solutions Design and Delivery
Other online and instructor-led classes are tailored to specific needs of teams and individuals, such as:
Project Estimation, C#, jQuery, Business Communication, Azure, ITIL v4.
More Professional Development content found in: