The CIO Leadership Team is committed to the professional development of our staff.
The Leadership Team supports professional development through: special projects, instructor-led classes, online learning, peer learning, IT subscriptions, conference participation, Lunch-n-Learns, Tuition Assistance, and more.
Resources available for download
- High-Performance Professional Development Framework (pdf) (for Managers vs. Front-line Staff)
- Individual Development Plan (IDP) Formula (jpg)
- Leadership & the Art of Possibility - CIO Mgr Mtg (pdf)
- Mentee Interest Questionnaire via UFirst (pdf)
- On-Boarding: 90 Day Smart Start Reflections Questions (docx)
ITS Professional Development Activities
In June 2020 ITS rolled out the IT Academy to support the continued professional development of IT staff at UVA. The IT Academy focuses on the CIO Skills Roadmap, and offers a range of on-demand and live classes. Staff across the university can access the site and enroll in classes.
In 2019 the ITS Basic Skills series covered:
- Troubleshooting Methodologies
- Technical Writing
- End-End Solutions Design and Delivery
ITS offered four classes in 2018 to all ITS staff targeting essential skills from our Skills Roadmap:
- UVA Networks
- IT Security
- UVA Identity & Access Management
- IT Customer Service
Other online and instructor-led classes are tailored to specific needs of teams and individuals, such as:
Project Estimation, C#, jQuery, Business Communication, Azure, ITIL v4.
More Professional Development content found in: